Thursday, April 15, 2010

How I got into debt....

When I started applying to university, my parents offered to foot the bill. When it was time for me to actually go to university, my parents bought a new house and a new car. We had recently moved to Canada, and I guess you could say we were moving up in the world.
While this was happening, I felt my parents had their own money issues to worry about, plan for their retirement, pay off the house and not to mention, take care of the family. I offered to pay my own way through college. Although my parents never said anything, I felt it was a huge relief for them to not have another thing to worry about. I had some money saved up from my summer job, I was young and strong willed. I thought I could make it.
You could put that moment down as my first step into debt. Good debt maybe. But debt nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment